- From 1 March – Members only. All bookings received up to 31st March are deemed to have been received at the same time. Thereafter, it is first come, first served. Placements for members will take preference over those containing Guests. Guest will be confirmed in the Unrestricted Bookings period.
– Whole of Lodge Bookings will be received only, in identified weeks published on the website.
- From 1 April – Unrestricted Bookings. All available space in the Lodge may be booked on a first come, first served basis. Please note that accommodation will not be confirmed until payment is received.
- Bookings must be submitted only by a member. No bookings will be accepted or confirmed from any member who has any unpaid annual subscriptions.
- All bookings containing a Guest, must be accompanied by a member in that week. If a member cannot accompany the Guest in the week of the booking, the Guest is not entitled to stay.
Payment methods are by direct credit (Internet Banking), Credit Card (Visa and MasterCard) or by cheque.
Annual subscriptions for 2019 are $475 including GST and are due by 1st March.
Payment of all subscriptions, including 2018 fees must be paid before a booking will be accepted and processed.
Members can review the accommodation availability at the club website. The website address is:
CHANGES TO ACCOMMODATION FEES
There will be a slight increase of 1.5% (CPI) to accommodation rates for 2019 to partly cover increases operating costs.
There are no “early bird” discounts this year.
CHANGE TO BOOKING PROCESS:
In 2018, we will continue with an invoice based booking payment process. This means that when your booking is confirmed by the Booking Secretary, we will raise an invoice/receipt and email it to you. Any bookings that are unable to be confirmed will be refunded. Here are the steps to follow:
- Complete Booking Form and return to Booking Secretary in compliance with booking dates including credit card details for processing, enclosing a cheque, or direct depositing to our bank account, using your surname and member number as reference.
- If accommodation is available, the Booking Secretary will confirm the booking by emailing the Member an invoice/receipt. If accommodation is not available, the Booking Secretary will contact the Member to make alternative arrangements or refund your payment
NOTE: Members are responsible for the entire cost of their booking, and the invoice/receipt will be raised for the full payment, including guest fees. The Club will not accept payments directly from any guests of Members.
JULY SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
For the NSW public schools, the holiday weeks are split into 3 periods of 5 days (from 6th July to 21st July). Please check your school’s holidays before booking. See the accommodation rates page for details.
WHOLE OF LODGE BOOKINGS
The following weeks are available for any Member to book the entire Lodge for a week, with or without catering (maximum party 17):
|21st to 27th July (6 nights only)
|24th Aug to 31st Aug
Bookings for Whole of Lodge weeks will be received from 1st March. Full payment is required with the booking. A ballot may be necessary if competing bookings are received prior to bookings opening on 1st April. Members who successfully booked a whole-of-lodge week last year may not participate in the ballot. After 1st April, normal bookings will be allowed in these weeks if they are still available at the Rate Code indicated in the booking calendar. Note: For transparency, the rate calculation used for the pricing of a Whole Of Lodge week is to assume an occupancy of 8 adult members and 9 adult guests.
FULLY CATERED WEEKS
Due to results in the member survey, we are putting this offering on hold again in 2018.
Allocation of Members’ bookings will be finalised as soon as possible after 1st April.
A ballot may be necessary due to competing bookings exceeding lodge capacity. If member unsuccessful in ballot in any particular week, and unable to attend any other week, then member is given priority for the same week in the following year and only valid for the following year. If members are able to attend another week in current season, then they lose that priority for next season.
Written confirmation should be sent to all Members within two weeks of their booking being allocated. Club House Captains will be finalised as soon as possible after 1st June.
Children of any age will be permitted in the two Tiny Tots Weeks, but only children of 5 years and older will be allowed in other weeks. There will be no exceptions to this rule. Please do not ask the Booking Secretary for exemption from this rule.
If related family members, and/or members who are friends, wish to apply for the same week, and be treated as one group, we ask that the entire group submit one booking form, so your group will be treated exactly as that, one group. Payment can be divided amongst each family sub-group by completing a separate payment authority, but the Booking Secretary needs to be aware that multiple families/friends wish to be considered as one group.
Rooms will be allocated by the Booking Secretary at time of booking and your room number(s) will be issued with your written booking confirmation. You may request a particular room with your booking, but allocation will be done on a first come, first served basis. Rooms may be swapped on arrival at the Lodge, by mutual agreement.
Weekly bookings run from Saturday to Saturday. Full week bookings have absolute priority over bookings of less than five days. Bookings for weekends and periods less than five days will not be confirmed until two weeks before the booked date.
All bookings must be made on the standard booking form sent either by email or posted to the club at the below PO Box. For your convenience, the booking form is attached to this Booking Policy and is available on the website. You may pay for your booking by
- Email Please visit our Contact Us page and select “Booking Enquiries”.
- Cheque: PO Box 239 Lane Cove, NSW, 1595
- Credit Card: Visa or MasterCard (credit card fees apply)
- Direct Deposit: BSB 032002; Account # 100490; Please use your name and member number as the transaction reference.
All attempts by the Booking Secretary will be made to negotiate with members to help with accommodation, but filling the lodge is a responsibility of the Directors.
- Cancellation fee before 1st June – 10%
- Cancellation fee after 1st June – 50%
– Unless a full replacement is found, in which case rule 1 applies.
- NO REFUND if cancellation is within two weeks of booked date unless a full replacement can be found, in which case rule 1 applies.
- NO REFUND if member or guest departs Lodge ahead of time.
- Any special circumstances regarding cancellation fee to be submitted in writing and will be considered at a Directors’ Meeting.
TINY TOTS’ WEEKS
There are two Tiny Tots weeks. Families with children under 5 years of age have priority over families without. These weeks are:
15th – 22nd June AND 31st Aug – 7th Sept
- Children under 5 are not permitted during the ski season except in Tiny Tots Weeks.
- Children under 2 years of age stay
- In the event of a dispute with the Booking Secretary, the written confirmation sent by the Booking Secretary will be deemed to be the correct booking. Members wishing to change bookings must check the details on the new booking confirmation are correct.
- Weekend bookings have low priority and can only be confirmed within 14 days before nominated weekend – except June and October long weekends, which can be pre-booked.
- There is no automatic laundry collection from 1st October to the following snow season. Please contact Leesville Laundry [(02) 6456 2651] directly and inform them of laundry to be collected from the Lodge. Remember to fill in laundry slips in duplicate.
- Club House Captains are to supervise room allocation (as determined by the Booking Secretary) and house duties by 10.00 a.m. Saturday.
Official changeover time is 10.00 a.m. All outgoing Members and Guests are to vacate their rooms by this time. Incoming Members and Guests arriving before 10.00 a.m. are asked to leave their luggage in the Ski Room or outside the Lodge, and to be aware that cleaning up may still be in progress.
- Rostered duties are to be performed regularly during the week.
- Fire precautions – see Notice Board.
- Smoking – Smoking inside the Lodge is a fire hazard and an inconvenience to the non-smoking majority of Members. Smokers are requested to confine their habit to external spaces and to dispose of butts in the garbage bin.
- Noise – The sound system should not be used after 10.00pm if people have retired for the evening. Please assist the Club Captain in this matter.
- Fireplace –UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER SHOULD THE FIRE BE LEFT BURNING UNATTENDED.
- Notice Board –Please ask all Members and Guests in your party to read all relevant information on the Notice Board.
- Members are reminded of the following facilities available at the Lodge:
- Ping Pong table and games
- Sewing Kit
- First aid kit (in store room)
- Iron and ironing board
- CD Player
- Stores items have been streamlined. Stores items include tea, coffee, sugar, salt, pepper, flour, serviettes, garbage bags, cling wrap, aluminum foil, detergents, soap, toilet paper, tissues. The list of all stores inventory can be downloaded from the Club website
- Please notify the Club Captain if stores are running low or of damage or missing items so it can be included in their Weekly Report.
ALL members, guests and children aged five (5) years and over MUST record their name and contact details in the official Accommodation Register, which is located near the bar. This is a NPWS requirement and is strictly enforced.
- The Club has a Facebook page and we encourage members and their guests to get involved and share the photos and stories to build our digital archive. “Like us” at AlexandraSkiClub
All correspondence with Members is via email. Please keep us informed of any changes to your contact details so our database remains current. Email us by going to our Contact Us page and selecting “Communications Enquries” in the drop down list.